Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting plugin Wordpress Plugin is used to No. 1 Podcasting plugin for WordPress, with simple & advanced modes, players, subscribe tools, and more! Supports iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher....
PowerPress is the No. 1 Podcasting plugin for WordPress. Developed by podcasters for podcasters; features include Simple and Advanced modes, multiple audio/video player options, subscribe to podcast tools, podcast SEO features, and more! Fully supports iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and Blubrry Podcasting directories, as well as all podcast applications and clients.
If you are just getting started or feel overwelmed with all the settings and options, switch to Simple mode! PowerPress's Simple Mode will walk you through getting started in 3 easy steps. Setup your Podcast quickly with only the essential settings Create your first Episode Submit your podcast to iTunes
When you're ready you can switch to Advanced mode to tap into all the options professionals would want.
PowerPress Key Features
- Full iTunes & Google Play support: Adds iTunes compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress site.
- Integrated HTML5 Media Players: Audio/video Web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube.
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the iTunes podcast directory.
- Podcast Importing: Import your podcast from SoundCloud, LibSyn, PodBean, Squarespace, or other podcast RSS feed.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, TGS Podcasting, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Blogger, or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Post type and taxonomy podcasting: Create podcasts from custom post types and taxonomies.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Multi-languages and locales: See PowerPress in your language for details.
Includes Full Google Play Music Support!
Blubrry PowerPress 6.1+ fully supports Google Play Music podcast directory. Upgrade to PowerPress 6.1 then submit your podcast to Google Play Music.
Includes Full iTunes Support!
Blubrry PowerPress fully supports iTunes, which is required for podcasting. PowerPress comes with the following iTunes specific features:
- iTunes compliant podcast feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your iTunes listing looks great.
- Optimized iTunes summary: Converts your blog-post content to a format suited for viewing in iTunes (learn more).
- Tunes artwork: Upload and manage your iTunes artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
- iTunes podcasting: Fully supported, including the latest Apple iTunes podcasting specifications.
- Feed Episode Maximizer: Increase the number of episodes viewed on iTunes while decreasing the byte size of your feeds.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive Web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your Web pages.
Compatible Themes and Plugins Most themes and plugins are compatible with PowerPress. PowerPress is developed and tested using the default themes packaged with WordPress including twentyten, twentytwelve, twentythirteen, twentyfourteen, twentyfifteen, and all future versions. These themes use WordPress best practices and adhere to theme rules set by WordPress.org. Any child theme based on these themes should also work without issue. If you are having a problem, try Diagnosing Feed and/or Player Issues. If you are having a problem specifically with the player and links, try the "Having issues?" option under PowerPress Settings > Appearance tab. Visit Resolving Plugin or Theme Conflicts for details. Premium podcasting themes compatible with PowerPress Appendipity Podcast Pro theme is is designed specifically to take advantage of built-in features, settings and podcast episode meta data in PowerPress. The Blubrry team works with the Appendipity team during beta testing and major WordPress releases to make sure the Podcast Pro theme and PowerPress work together seamlessly. Related Plugins The following plugins may be used in conjunction with PowerPress. Message Flow - generates a CoverFlow-like interface for your blog posts with podcast episodes. For podcasts, use shortocde [message-flow podcasts_only="true"]. Eli's PowerPress Addon Widget - Adds a sidebar widget that lists your podcast episodes linked to the play in a new window PowerPress player. PowerPress Posts From MySQL - Creates blog posts with PowerPress podcast episode information from a MySQL table. Featured Podcast Widget, Home Page - A widget that enables you to display your latest podcast from a category or featured podcast utilising the PowerPress plugin's default player. Subscribe Sidebar plugin by Blubrry - A sidebar widget that provides a list of "Subscribe" links to your sidebar. Why doesn't Blubrry PowerPress support multiple enclosures in one feed item/post? Blubrry PowerPress does not allow you to include multiple media files for one feed item (blog post). This is because each podcatcher handles multiple enclosures in feeds differently. iTunes will download the first enclosure that it sees in the feed ignoring the rest. Other podcatchers and podcasting directories either pick up the first enclosure or the last in each post item. This inconsistency combined with the fact that Dave Winer does not recommend multiple enclosures and the FeedValidator.org recommendation against it is why the Blubrry PowerPress does not support them. As a alternative, PowerPress allows you to create additional Custom Podcast Feeds to associate any magnitude of media format and/or length in a blog post to specific custom feeds. For example, you can create one blog post associated to separate video and audio podcast feeds saving you time from entering your show notes twice. Why doesn't Blubrry PowerPress include media statistics built-in? Blubrry PowerPress does not include media statistics built-in. This is not because Blubrry has its own statistics service, although that's a good reason by itself. Maintaining and calculating statistics is a resource and server intensive task that would add bloat to an otherwise efficient WordPress podcasting plugin. We recommend using your media hosting's web statistics to give you basic download numbers and, if you are seeking more grandular measurements such as client and geographical information for each episode, you're more than welcome to use the Blubrry Statistics service as well. You may however access your Blubrry Statistics from within your WordPress dashboard. How do you insert the player within a blog post? You can insert the media player within your blog posts by using the WordPress shortcode feature. The shortcode for PowerPress is [powerpress] (all lowercase) You may use the shortcode to add a player to other media files (non episode files) by specifying the media url in the shortcode: [powerpress url="http://example.com/path/to/media.m;
Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting plugin Wordpress Plugin free download
Here is the Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting plugin wordpress plugin download link you can download and install to your Wordpress blog
Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting plugin Authors Angelo Mandato blubrry